Due to COVID-19 and the associated restrictions, the April meeting of the Parish Council, which was due to take place on Monday 6th April, has been cancelled. It is likely that the same will be the case for the May meeting, but we will post an update here month by month.
Farington Parish Council has published it’s unaudited Annual Governance and Accountability Return. Click here to find:
Please also refer to the separate Public Notice of Rights which includes a summary of your rights in relation to the Publication of the Unaudited Annual Governance and Accountability Return.
I declare that the Accounting Statement is unaudited and subject to change.
Mrs Sue Whittam, Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
NOTICE OF VACANCY IN OFFICE OF COUNCILLOR
Local Government Act 1972 Section 87(1)
Parish of Farington (Central Ward)
Farington Parish Council has a Casual Vacancy for a Parish Councillor in the Farington Central Ward.
If you are interested in becoming a co-opted member of the Parish Council please come along to the next meeting of the Parish Council to be held on Monday 8 July at St Paul’s CE Primary School, Croston Road, Farington Moss at 7.00pm. This will be your opportunity to find out about the work of the Parish Council. We will then co-opt a member onto the Parish Council.
If you need any further details about this vacancy then please contact our Clerk, Sue Whittam on 0845 4631895 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sue Whittam, Clerk to the Council
South Ribble Borough Council
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of Town / Parish Councillors
For the under mentioned Wards
To be held on
Thursday, 2nd May 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
- Elections are to be held for Town / Parish Councillors for the under mentioned Wards
- The number of Councillors to be elected is:
|CHARNOCK||4||MIDDLEFORTH||2||HOWICK & PRIORY||5|
|WEST WARD OF THE PARISH OF FARINGTON||1||EAST WARD OF THE PARISH OF HUTTON||3||WEST WARD OF THE PARISH OF HUTTON||4|
|EAST WARD OF THE PARISH OF LONGTON||4||WEST WARD OF THE PARISH OF LONGTON||8||EAST WARD OF THE PARISH OF FARINGTON||3|
|BROAD OAK||3||CENTRAL WARD OF THE PARISH OF FARINGTON||4||KINGSFOLD||4|
- Nomination papers may be obtained, during normal office hours, from the Returning Officer, at the address shown below.
- Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the offices of South Ribble Borough Council, at the address shown below, on any day after the date of this notice, during normal office hours but Not later than 4:00pm on – Wednesday, 3rd April 2019.
- If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019 between the hours of 7:00am and 10:00pm.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by midnight on 12 April 2019.
- Electors and their proxies should take note that applications for changes to absent votes and notices about postal or proxy voting must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by 5:00pm on Monday, 15th April 2019, if they are to be effective for this election. Applications for new proxy votes can be accepted until 5:00pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. The deadline for new applications to be received by the Electoral Registration Officer to vote by proxy on grounds of an emergency is not later than 5:00pm on the day of poll.
Dated: Wednesday, 20th March 2019
Heather McManus, Returning Officer
South Ribble Borough Council,
Published by South Ribble Borough Council
L to R: Rev. Margaret Rimmer, Alexandra Hastewell the St Paul’s Church Rose Queen 2015 and the Chairman of Farington Parish Council Cllr. Mike Otter, at St. Paul’s Gala Day.
L to R: The Chairman of Farington Parish Council Cllr. Mike Otter, John Rimmer and Mrs Lister covering head at St. Paul’s School tasting and judging the cake competition at St. Paul’s Gala Day 2015.
to commemorate 100 years since the start of the First World WAR
Britain entered the war on 4th August 1914
St Catherine’s Church
Monday 4th August
Traditional Sung Latin Mass in the form that the soldiers of the First World War would have known it.